Top Ten Benefits and Advantages of Distance LearningAugust 10, 2016
App Search Optimization Tips for 2016August 11, 2016
Taking the decision of doing a course on distance mode is the major step in learning at a later stage in life. Distance learning can be an exciting experience for some while others have bitter experiences. There are many advantages and disadvantages for distance learning methods. The following are some of the do’s and don’ts of distance learning programs.
- Do an assessment about the goals you want to achieve before joining a distance learning program. Knowing what skills will be enhanced after doing the course will be beneficial in choosing the right course.
- Do check the accreditation and reputation of the distance learning program along with the possibility of getting placed after the course
- Do a preliminary scanning through the content of the curriculum before starting to get an overall idea of what the course is about.
- Do an update of the syllabus and events that may occur during courses. Preparing an exam calendar will also be beneficial for not forgetting the dates.
- Do homework to improve your oral and written communication skills.
- Do check emails and messages regularly for getting updated information about latest news. It is also essential to know the general rules and regulations followed while writing and sending emails.
- Do prepare timetables allocating time for work family and study times. This is essential to keep a balance between professional life and personal life.
- Do exercises for improving new technology skills related to internet for further reference of the subject.
- Do share ideas and opinions openly through group discussion and emails.
- Do an evaluation of the course so far at every stages of the distance learning program for analyzing purpose.
- Do follow the rules and regulations of the institution under which distance learning program is being done.
- Don’t get disappointed by the language problems that may arise due to the pronunciation of the instructors. It is essential to know the commonly used terminologies before joining the course.
- Don’t think that you are doing the course alone. There might be hundreds of other students doing the course at the same time. So it is essential to keep the consulting with instructors within the limits.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for favors while having problems. Most of the time the doubts arise with the use of technology during course.
- Don’t expect the instructors to be concentrating only on you. One should learn at self motivated and complete the course as early as possible.